
Today was a BEAUTIFUL day! We were privileged to participate in Elsa Thackeray's blessing in American Fork. The Spirit was strong and I'm grateful for the opportunity to have been there. Elsa has a FULL head of hair and takes after her momma. She was dressed in a white gown that grandma Thackeray had handmade. It was really long and we supposed that grandma Thackeray presumed Elsa would take after Blake in size and height. :)
Upon returning home, we talked about Isa's blessing and pulled out her baby book. I finally wrote a letter to her-somethin I should've done quite awhile ago.
Today we tried giving her juice again. She didn't really like it the first few times we tried, but today couldn't get enough. It may have had somethin to do with the car ride or being in the hot sun for a bit, but she gobbled it down.
She's getting trickier to feed veggies. I used to be able to slip some in between spoonfuls of fruit, but now she's keeping her mouth shut until she tastes every bite with her tongue.
After all the juice and fruit we knew it was a matter of time before the explosion. I left her for three minutes or so in the high chair while I took care of a few things. I returned to find her smiling and covered in poop. It was all over her high chair, hands, legs, face and...of course, her bib.
We spent the next two hours in full clean-up mode sanitizing the area and our baby.
The funniest part about her bowel movements is her uncanny ability to get most of the excrement outside the diaper. We're not sure if she's pulling her diaper over in order to maximize damage, or has some kind of impressive aim, but lately...we've been doin a LOT of laundry.
I suppose it's more likely she has fantastic aim. As a novice unsuspecting father, I would sometimes change her before she was fully unloaded. She literally hit me with a stream of poo she shot up over the bar of her changing table. Impressive!
No comments:
Post a Comment